Sorry this is so lengthy, I haven't been as consistent as I had hoped!
Well, my brother's wedding is a week away. The cake layers are almost all baked-just the large layers left. Today and tomorrow I will begin mixing the mass amounts of frosting that I will need. I made a bridal shower cake last weekend and I think the decorations for the wedding cake will be similar.We're a little tired today because Julia, our wonderful sleeper, has not been quite so wonderful lately. She has been taking as much as an hour to fall asleep and then has been getting up earlier. Today she started banging on her door at 5:40am! Not cool. We tried hard to get her to at least lay quietly so we
could catch a little extra sleep. On the upside, she has been very consistent with using the "potty" at daycare this week-before and after nap every day. We are VERY excited about that. And her teacher says she is the best behaved kid who always listens to her. I'm always glad to hear when she is better behaved in public than at home.I have completed my application for the school psychology program at UMSL. Hopefully they will want me! The school where I am currently working is getting worse and worse with behavior problems. In one of the classes I help with, we had one student on Thursday and no students yesterday. Five are currently suspended and the two that aren't were both sick. I will be really glad to be finished with the school year. I don't know what next year will look like, but I hope it doesn't get much worse.
We had a party last month to cele
brate Justin's final year of life. According to him, life will end next February 4th. (Personally, I hope he is very wrong.) The picture is of Justin's cake aglow with 29 candles. And the amazing thing is that he blew them all out at once! He started using the opthamalscope in lab this week. Thursday evening, he insisted on looking in my eyes, was moderately successful with Julia, and completely unsuccessful with Satchmo. Ella was nowhere to be found. I'm glad to see that he is having fun with his very expensive toy.I need to pull a cake from the oven, hope everyone is doing well. Maybe the next post will have the wedding cake pictures and a shot or two of my favorite little flower girl.

0 comments:
Post a Comment