Sunday evening we found a nice quiet part of the Buffalo River to attempt a little fishing. I got a few nibbles but nobody caught anything. Here is Julia's first fishing attempt. She actually cast into the water!
Here she is just after falling into the river. At this point, Julia decided she was done fishing and splashing in the water was the thing to do.
On the way home, we saw lots of elk, including a number of elk that crossed the road right in front of the car. It's amazing how big they are up close!
On the way home on Monday we were able to stop and spend some time-and lunch-with our good friends the Goodwins. We ended our trip by stopping by my parent's Memorial Day get together. It was so nice to get home!
Here she is just after falling into the river. At this point, Julia decided she was done fishing and splashing in the water was the thing to do.
On the way home, we saw lots of elk, including a number of elk that crossed the road right in front of the car. It's amazing how big they are up close!
On the way home on Monday we were able to stop and spend some time-and lunch-with our good friends the Goodwins. We ended our trip by stopping by my parent's Memorial Day get together. It was so nice to get home!May 31st, one of Justin's classmates got married. I was asked to do the groom's cake. I was so relieved when we got it to the reception site and set it on the table! The irony is that it was a surprise for the groom-and he was the first person we ran into when we got to the hotel! Luckily, the bride said it'd be OK if he saw it beforehand.


We are now full swing into our crazy summer schedule. Justin asked that I take some time off from cakes. I agreed-May was another busy cake and cookie month! I am having fun developing recipes and flavor combinations for my "Smammiches" (Julia's word for "sandwich".) I am also actually using my Fridays for working on my thesis. And taking an occasional day date with my sweet husband. Last week we went to see Prince Caspian and ate lunch at Pei Wei, a Chinese bistro operated by one of our favorite restuarants P.F. Chang's. Excellent food!
Julia was very excited today about her "tuprise" for daddy. She couldn't wait for Sunday to give Justin the gift she had made for him at day care. We are starting to work with her on reading and continuing to work with her on writing. She is learning so much! I can't believe how fast the time is going.

0 comments:
Post a Comment