Sunday, July 1, 2007

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

What a great end to the month of June. We flew into St. Louis this evening around 5 PM. I must say that a 5:3 adult-to-child ratio is the best way to fly. How else can you corral that much stuff and three energetic kids while racing through a crowded airport? Anyway, the trip to Northeastern Ohio could not have gone better. Julia absolutely loved flying and her cousins did well, too. Here is Justin teaching Julia to blow bubbles in her Sprite on the plane.


The weather was fantastic-even a little cold. Not a day was over 75 or so. We had a cookout at my Uncle Dave's house (which is on a corner of my grandmother's farm) Friday evening. I got to see some of my cousins and both uncles. After "helping" Grandpa Jeff and Daddy build the campfire, Julia tasted her first S'more. Her response was "mmmm dat's good". Justin had a great time walking around the pond looking for fish with her. (Don't worry-Justin did get to do a little fishing.)

I think one thing that could have made that time even better was if Grandpa had been there to see the great-grandchildren running and laughing in his yard. He always loved children-especially his grandchildren.

Saturday we took a scenic railroad trip to Hale Farm, south of Cleveland. This was also a big hit with the three little ones. My Uncle John and some of his family were able to join us. Julia helped card wool and was able to take some home. She was hesitant about petting the sheep-until she saw her cousins doing it. We also got to see a calf that was less than 24 hours old and a number of neat historic buildings. In the evening we were able to see another cousin of mine and his family at dinner.



Sunday we had a large brunch and spent time at a playground. Justin and I took a little drive around the country-with the main purpose of getting Julia to fall asleep in her carseat in preparation for the hour or so drive back to Cleveland from Grandma Alice's farm. I absolutely love going to Middlefield-it is one of the most relaxing places I know of.

The automobile part included a couple of rental cars. The one Justin enjoyed driving this weekend was the Toyota Highlander. If only we could afford one!


When we got home, I had another treat waiting for me-a bunch of green beans ready for harvesting. A number of our peppers are getting close and the tomatoes are starting to turn yellow. We had an awesome time in God's creation. I am so thankful that he gave us such an amazing place to live!





1 comments:

Barr Family said...

The pictures are great! So glad you had a good time! I can't believe how big Julia is getting. Love you guys! Amanda